Note to CCRP Web visitors
The CCRP Web is undergoing a redesign and the new site will be launched soon. Please pardon our dust!
This site is a resource for program grantees, potential grantees,
other scientists and the general public. By creating opportunities,
the program seeks to encourage young scientists to focus on
crops important in their home countries. In turn, these scientists
can train others, building scientific expertise and infrastructure
to address their region's food priorities.
Click on a link below to learn more about the CCRP.
Who We Are
To support smallholder farmers working under risky and resource-limited conditions to improve their resource use efficiency and resilience through the flexible application of ecological principles in such a way that improves production, diets, and livelihoods.
A world in which all people have access to the food they need on the terms they can afford, and produced in ways that can be sustained by the wise management of local resources and are consistent with cultural values and nutritional requirements for a healthy and productive life.
CCRP grantmaking decisions are guided by the following values:
- Innovation: We seek innovative approaches for improving the availability, access, and utilization of nutritious food by rural people with the fewest resources.
- Continuous learning: We look for projects that can substantially stimulate and enhance community learning and incorporate the lessons learned in the process. At the program level, we similarly strive to adapt the CCRP based on experience.
- Balance of research and development: We acknowledge the tension between seeking knowledge and applying it. By braiding together the elements of research and development into a coherent whole, we hope to use this tension productively.
- Respect for culture and environment: We recognize that traditional knowledge and culture are the context for food and nutritional security.
- Respect for each other: We appreciate the importance of being humble, careful, deliberate, and respectful.